[Seaside] about roe update issue

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Mar 29 11:50:09 CEST 2004

On Mar 28, 2004, at 10:17 PM, danil osipchuk wrote:

> Well, I believe you and will wait for updates :)

Turned out to be extremely simple.  See the newly posted version 38 on
SqueakMap - this includes your TestPostgresSemanticsWithNils, and
passes fine (except that classmates test, have to figure out what's
going on there), but still uses the #update:/#delete API.  The
restrictions on #update: can probably be loosened in the future; right
now, for example, it will deal fine with nested #select: and #alias but
isn't smart enough to deal with an #intersection: of two views on the
same table, which shouldn't be too hard.  Also, the ArrayRelation
doesn't impose any restrictions at all - it doesn't need to, but
probably should anyway to keep the semantics consistent.  I updated
#delete to use the same approach.

Cheers,
Avi