[Seaside] [ROE]Finding differences in Squeak code

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Mar 30 10:59:45 CEST 2004

On Mar 29, 2004, at 12:44 PM, Brett Taylor wrote:

> I just finished porting Version 36 of ROE to Visualworks 7.2.  I also
> just noticed that there is a new version(38) of ROE published.  Is
> there
> a way to find out what code has changed between 2 versions of a package
> in Squeak?

Sure.  From a fresh image, the steps would be:

- Install Monticello from SqueakMap
- Open the "Monticello Browser" from the world menu
- Hit the +Repository button
- Choose HTTP as the repository type
- Enter 'http://beta4.com/mc/db' as the url.  This is the development
repository for ROE.
- Select that repository and press Open in the browser.
- Choose version 38 in the repository list.
- Press the History button.
- Bring up the context menu on version 36 in the history window, and
choose "view diff".

Avi