[Seaside] ROE - Public Store

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Mar 31 21:01:04 CEST 2004

On Mar 31, 2004, at 10:01 AM, Brett Taylor wrote:

> Travis,
> The code is in the Smalltalk.ROE namespace.  Is this how you would do
> it?  I originally did the class name transform manually. The code reads
> a little better in my opion.  I hadn't automated it so I went back to
> the RA class name prefix to keep porting the code as simple as
> possible.
> I might try using the Refactoring Rewrite Tool to automate the
> translation of Class names (I always have to relearn how to use). I'll
> give it a try and publish it.

One thing that might make an interesting CampSmalltalk project is
developing a set of rewrite rules for porting code from Squeak to VW
(and viceversa).  Stripping/adding prefixes is an obvious one, but we
might also be able to take care of {} and #caseOf:.  You could also get
rid of some support methods by doing some renames, ie, #signal <=>
#raiseSignal.