[Seaside] problem with vw seaside port in open repository

Eric Winger ewinger at charter.net
Sat May 8 08:39:07 CEST 2004

Hi,

Not sure if posts for seaside - VW are desired here. I can post to VWNC
if needed or perhaps there is another mailing list for the vw version?

Problem: I created a brand new image from the VWNC cd passed out at
sts2004. I wanted to load Seaside from the open repository, but I
encountered a problem. When loading the Seaside-VW bundle, I got this
message "The old profiling parcel, 'AT Profiling', should not be loaded
when 'AT Profiling Core' is present. Please unload 'AT Profiling Core'
if you want to load the old profiler"  Seems to me that the latest
version of VWNC 7.2 shouldn't run into this problem. I tried loading the
Seaside Bundle but it requires the Seaside-VW bundle.

Eventually, I tried to load the Seaside-WebToolKit bundle and that
seemed to prereq everything in nicely.  Not sure if that was desirable,
but thought I would post the problem I had in case others have the same
trouble. Should I have been able to load Seaside-VW bundle by itself?
According to the 2.5.11.1 comment, the bundle was recently reorganized
to allow independent loading.

fyi

Eric