[Seaside] problem with vw seaside port in open repository

Bany, Michel mbany at cincom.com
Sat May 8 19:28:31 CEST 2004

Eric,

Yes, good place to ask.

The Seaside port is broken in three bundles.

Bundle 1 : Seaside
Contains the same code as Seaside in Squeak

Bundle 2: Seaside-VW
Is a prerequisite for bundle 1. It "prepares" VisualWorks to Seaside.
Contains code transferred from Squeak, the Seaside namespace and a couple
of VisualWorks extension.

Bundle 3: Seaside-WebToolKit
Has bundles 1 and 2 as prerequisites
Contains the integration between Seaside and WebToolkit

If you want to use Seaside based on WebToolkit, just load bundle 3.
The rest should load OK. It will even set up a default WebToolkit server and
site.

If you want to use Seaside based on some other HTTP server (Swazoo, etc),
load bundle 2 and start writing the integration code :-)

Regarding your problem with 'AT Profiling', the port was incorrectly marked
as
having it as a pre-requisite. I published a new version of the bundle where
this
pre-requisite has been removed.

The new published version is 2.5.15.0. make sure that you select all bundles
with
this version number, they fit together.

Best luck,
Michel.