[Seaside] Mewa & latest seaside

Adrian Lienhard alienhard at mac.com
Mon May 10 21:21:53 CEST 2004

Hi Vadim and other Mewa users

Actually I answered your question about Mewa in Seaside 2.5 already
some days ago but somehow the mail didn't get into the list...

You can get Mewa for Seaside 2.5 here:
http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888/Mewa/Mewa.Seaside2.5.al.13.mcz. Though, one
thing is not working properly yet: The editor for multiple
relationships. (I just haven't had time to figure out how I can easily
implement the newly added requirement to return the collection of child
components). But apart from this it should be working. Let me know if
you have problems.

I am not sure if Mewa should go into Seaside at this moment. I have
been using it in two projects now (one with many forms and the other is
SqueakSource). For a third project Mewa would not have been of big
value because we had a lot of very specialized forms. So, Mewa may be a
good solution for one project but not for another.
Concerning further development, I think that making the rendering more
customizable would be valuable to explore. At the moment, the default
visitor which renders the editors generates html tables and if you like
to change the layout you have to make subclasses. A solution might be
giving the renderer layout policies that define how to render the
object.

Feedback would be very welcome!

Cheers,
Adrian