[Seaside] GOODS question

Jason Dufair jase at purdue.edu
Tue May 11 18:41:32 CEST 2004

Hi all -

Trying to hook my Allowance app up to GOODS.  Just compiled the latest
GOODS sources on my RedHat 7.2 linux box and am trying the "Quick Start"
example (from my 5868 image with GOODS package version 65) at
http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/sea/20

I can connect ok, and some of the tests in KKDBTest work ok.
Unfortunately, I'm getting a walkback when I try and access the root
node.

Specifically, evaluating the following from workspace connecting to a
brand new GOODS database:

| txn |
txn := KKDatabase onHost: 'dufair.homelinux.com' port: 6100.
txn root at: 'foo' put: #(1 2 3).
txn commit.

fails because "txn root" evaluates to nil.  I've tried to debug it, but
am afraid I don't understand the semantics of BlockContext's on:do:
method very well.  It would appear that "txn root" should evaluate to  the
answer of KKKeyCache>>rootKey (which should be 16r10000), but it
evaluates to nil.

Am I doing something wrong?  I'd be glad to do the work to fix this if
someone can point me in the right direction.  Thanks!

--
Jason Dufair
Office of the VP for Information Technology
jase at purdue.edu
765-496-1185 - fax: 765-496-7409