[Seaside] Transactions, database connections, indices, GOODS and Seaside

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu May 13 05:23:52 CEST 2004

On May 12, 2004, at 7:23 PM, C. David Shaffer wrote:

>  In a previous e-mail regarding changes in 2.5 you remarked that
> subclassing WASession is deprecated (see below).  Are you suggesting
> that I go ahead and do it?

Yes.

I'm gonna bring this back on list, because this has become a FAQ.
"Deprecated" was a poor choice of words.  What I meant was something
like "there are lots of things that you used to have to subclass
session for that you don't anymore, and this is good".  However, it's
become clear that there are still things (like storing database
transactions) that subclassing session seems to be the best solution
for, and I don't want people to jump through hoops to avoid doing so.
All I want is that we pay attention to what things like this come up,
so that we can try to factor them out in future versions and keep the
number of session subclasses to a minimum.

Avi