[Seaside] 2.5a3 (was Re: Cookies (again?))

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed May 19 08:29:51 CEST 2004

Ok, I've just released version 2.5a3 to SqueakMap.  This includes a
fairly major refactoring of WAResponse: there is now only one
WAResponse class (roughly corresponding to what was previously
WAGenericResponse), with a number of class side convenience methods for
constructing common responses that used to be subclasses.  The
HtmlResponses that were used by HtmlBuilder have been tweaked slightly
to be HtmlDocuments instead, which don't depend on the request/response
classes.

This was partly in the interest of making it easier to add good cookie
support, as I proposed in an earlier message.  So WASession now has
three new methods (#checkForCookies, #redirectWithCookie:,
#redirectWithCookies:), and there's a new WACookie class.  You can see
these being used in the WACookieTest.

Note that the #expiry: part of WACookie requires an ANSI compatible
DateAndTime class, which Squeak 3.6 does not have by default.  This
shouldn't get in your way if you're not using cookies; if you are, you
should load the ANSI Compatibility package from SqueakMap.  Note also
that for expiry to work right in Squeak you need to have your
LocalTimeZone set correctly (in 3.7, anyway, this is set to GMT by
default... see the class side of DateAndTime).

I expect that the WebToolKit support code will need to be tweaked
slightly to properly map WACookie to VW's cookie support.

Cheers,
Avi