[Seaside] GOODS best practice data storage

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed May 19 20:08:06 CEST 2004

On May 19, 2004, at 7:27 AM, ld wrote:

> I'm from a RDBMS background, and new to this object stuff.  I'm
> wondering which might be the best way to store information in the
> GOODS database, for latter retrieval to html tables and forms ,(via
> Seaside of courst ;).   Should I store just the raw data, or is it
> better to store the object that encapsulates that data?

Store the objects.  That's the whole point of an object database - you
don't have to be constantly converting back and forth to a "raw data"
form.  Or, more accurately, the "raw data" form used by the database is
flexible enough to capture (nearly) any object model you are using, and
so the conversion can be done automatically.

Avi