[Seaside] xml & ie

David Röthlisberger davidroe at bluewin.ch
Sat May 22 20:06:22 CEST 2004

> Presumably we could look at some headers to help solve the submission
> problem, but then we'd need to be able to do arbitrary character set
> conversion...  we could probably just make the xml declaration
> configurable so people can turn it off or change the character set...

yes, that would be nice.
Because I have a problem similar to Radoslav, but my problem is not related
to the xml-declaration, but to the DOCTYPE. In WAHtmlStreamResponse there is
a method called #docType, where the DOCTYPE is set to use W3 XHTML strict
definition. Most of the time it's a good idea to write valid XHTML, but for
the moment I have to do some fancy stuff, where I use sometimes an attribute
of an HTML tag that isn't valid according to this standard. But most of the
browsers understand this attribute though. But if I use this DOCTYPE then
some of them (Netscape 7 for instance) doesn't understand these attributes
anymore, even though they would without using XHTML strict.

So I would be glad if there is a way to set another DOCTYPE for some of my
applications. Maybe a method WAAbstractHtmlBuilder>>docType: aString ?

Best regards,
David