[Seaside] Seaside load support

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu May 27 11:23:32 CEST 2004

Hi Seasiders!

radoslav hodnicak <rh at 4096.sk> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 2004, [iso-8859-1] Sebastián Sastre wrote:
> >     How do you see the stability of a systema running a squeak on a
> > linux with seaside and a goods server?
[SNIP]
> >     Would you recomend or unrecomend to mount a bussiness site
> > (specialized portal) based on squeak with seaside?
>
> Technically, it's doable and squeak is stable enough to run as server.

I can only attest to webapps with KomHttpServer/Squeak/Linux. I haven't
used Seaside nor GOODS yet for any of my apps.

HttpView that I use is simpler than Seaside (no context-magic), but
anyway - I can only say that KomHttpServer/Squeak/Linux has been rock
solid and performance seems quite good IMHO. Read an article on it here:

	http://www.bluefish.se/english/hemsidebyggarenunderhuven.html

Granted though that I haven't seen any heavy real load yet on any of my
apps. :)

regards, Göran