[Seaside] Seside ... Java Server Faces...

Giovanni Giorgi jj at objectsroot.com
Mon May 31 11:22:58 CEST 2004

Hi all!
    I am suing seaside in a small project on my own.
In my all-day job I am forced to java :( and I am searching something of
similar to seaside to work with.
I have used the Struts framework, but my productivity is very low (and
slow) because I need to write 2-3 classes and a lot of xml to model a
simple form and a single request.
Complexity grows fast and I am not so sure this is a good design model :)

I'd like to know if there is something of similar to Seaside (a similar
port or so on) for java.

Java Server Faces are very similar to Seaside ideas but are fair complex
and still beta.
wingS is a good idea, but very very heavy:
    <http://wings.mercatis.de/tiki-index.php>
because for every single-click it generates a request

I am searching something with a "Fat Client" architecture and a  Seaside
like approach...
In two words, I'd like to develop a Model, and a seside-like view.
The framework should  generate a javascript-enabled-html page which do
some elaboration on the client (like ordering colums of a table,
tabs/menu management  and so on...) and minimize server requests.

Do you have seen something of similar in java or squeak?
I have some free time and I will be happy to develop some ideas on
Squeak and then port it to java.
Ciao ciao!