[Seaside] Magic Date by Simon Willison

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Nov 2 12:23:20 CET 2004

On Nov 1, 2004, at 6:28 AM, Yar Hwee Boon wrote:

> I've implemented Magic Date input by Simon Willison
> (http://simon.incutio.com/archive/2003/10/06/betterDateInput) and a
> similar variant for entering time. Feel free to use it or change it.
> Comments are welcome, thanks.

A few things I've noticed:
- it gives an error if passed nil dates and times; it should show an
empty text input for this
- if you modify it to fix the above, and then focus/unfocus the empty
text input without typing anything, it treats that as invalid input
rather than no input
- if you submit without unfocusing the input, the client-side parsing
doesn't happen, and the server-side parsing is less robust

Avi