[Seaside] Home link

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Nov 5 12:59:18 CET 2004

On Oct 19, 2004, at 7:32 PM, radoslav hodnicak wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Avi Bryant wrote:
>
>> size problem - I think I've found a memory leak to do with
>> continuations in 2.5 that wasn't there in 2.3, that will cause
>> sessions
>> to grow much bigger than they ought to.  As far as I know this is the
>> last bug that needs fixing before taking 2.5 out of beta, though of
>> course I'd love to hear about any others.  It's a nasty one, though,
>> and I don't think I'll have time to do anything about it until the
>> weekend at best.
>
> Aha! That's why my production image suddenly eats 150+mb ram compared
> about 40mb in 2.3. Well the machine has 1gig so no hurry from my side
> :-)

So, after looking into this, I can't find a leak after all.  It may be
that the overhead of 2.5 is for some reason much higher than for 2.3
(which I'll have to fix), but in all of my experiments, you can keep
creating sessions or keep using a single session for as long as you
want and memory usage is fairly flat.  Has this also been your
experience, or does it just keep growing?  David, I know you also said
something about memory usage being higher for you now?

As a more general question, how are people feeling about the recent
betas of 2.5?  I've been using it pretty heavily and it's been fine,
and don't know of any unresolved bugs, so it may be time to release
this thing.

Avi