[Seaside] Home link

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Fri Nov 5 14:01:11 CET 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:

> So, after looking into this, I can't find a leak after all.  It may be
> that the overhead of 2.5 is for some reason much higher than for 2.3
> (which I'll have to fix), but in all of my experiments, you can keep
> creating sessions or keep using a single session for as long as you
> want and memory usage is fairly flat.  Has this also been your
> experience, or does it just keep growing?  David, I know you also said
> something about memory usage being higher for you now?

Avi,

Yes, what I think I was saying was the retention of a long delegation
chain was chewing up memory.  Not in hoards but certainly noticeable.
That is, in my original app I would use call: for almost every form of
link navigation.  In most cases no answer was expected so I came to
discover that this wasn't the correct pattern.  The problem was more
noticable lately since some of my views tended to hold onto some rather
large objects (maybe I should have followed the MVC "observe the model"
pattern?).  I still haven't redone things to clear the delegates so it
must not be too bad :-)

I don't have any indication that there is a leak w/ regards to session
expiration.

> As a more general question, how are people feeling about the recent
> betas of 2.5?  I've been using it pretty heavily and it's been fine,
> and don't know of any unresolved bugs, so it may be time to release
> this thing.

Solid enough for my use.  Thanks Avi!

David

--