[Seaside] UTF-8 in form

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Sat Oct 9 09:48:35 CEST 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:22:12 +0200
Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire at ext.cri74.org> wrote:

  > Hello,
  >
  > I just realized that UTF-8 strings are rendered as iso-8859-1 in html
  > form but ok in other static html elements:
  >
  > In a seaside application, I can use form to input utf-8 string.
  >
  > Then, in one web page, the string is  printed ok in the browser, however
  > the same string rendered in a texfield from is printed as iso-latin-1
  > (so all non ascii characters are broken)
  >
  > Why?

To be more accurate to describe this situation, the code bellow produce
this strange result:

renderGenericNameOn: html
	app genericNameLangDo:
		[:lang |
			html textInputWithValue: (app genericName: lang)
				callback: [:v | app genericName: v language: lang].
			html html: '(',lang asString,')'.
                        html html: (app genericName: lang).

(app genericName: lang) return an UTF-8 string.

The call "html textInputWithValue: (app genericName: lang)..." renders a
text form with an incorrect UTF-8 string

The call html html: (app genericName: lang) renders correctrly the UTF-8
string.

Quite strange. I hace traced the textInputWithValue:callback method but
did not find anything that can break the stuff.

Hilaire