[Seaside] UTF-8 in form

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Sat Oct 9 11:06:02 CEST 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 10:29:29 +0200
> Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire at ext.cri74.org> wrote:
>
>   > <input name=3D"12" id=3D"12" value=3D"G&Atilde;&copy;om&Atilde;&copy;=
trie interactive" type=3D"text" />
>   > (french)G=E9om=E9trie interactive&nbsp;
>   >
>   > However I did not succeed to browse up to the attribute rendering (st=
uck
>   > in WAHtmlAttributes)
>
> Hum looks like the mess is coming from
>
> WAAbstractHtmlBuilder encode: assoc value asString

Well this is a tricky problem to solve. You need to encode reserved html
characters like <>& etc. I guess the only real solution is to wait for
squeak to have support for multibyte strings (you could try the 3.8 alpha
version with m17n) where the encoder can loop over characters, not bytes

rado