[Seaside] GOODS vs Magma

Marco Paga marco-paga at web.de
Tue Oct 12 10:38:53 CEST 2004

Hi German,

I tried to use Magma but I had some problems with Magma. It made my
Image startup and shutdown much slower. Before Magma it took one second
and with installed Magma it took 10 to 15 seconds. That alone shouldn't
make it bad. In fact I couldn't store and retrieve an object to magma.
Somehow the object god destroyed or magma threw errors on me.
But in fact there was a long mail correspondence between avi and chris
and if I can remember right chris wanted to do some things on it.
Right at the moment I'm using goods for the backend of my seaside app.
You just have to look that goods is always started up and gest cleanly
shuts down, but if you have it working you shouldn't have problems. In
fact debugging can somehow be hard when messing around with the proxies,
but it would be the same with magma.

regards
marco

Marco Paga <marco-paga at web.de>