[Seaside] Re: Oddities with WATableReport

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Oct 16 20:16:23 CEST 2004

On Oct 16, 2004, at 7:58 PM, Yar Hwee Boon wrote:

> In WAPresenter>>renderWithContext:, the renderer is obtained using
> WAHtmlRenderer>>context:callbacks: which returns a renderer with an
> empty attributes collection. Thus, it seems that attributes cannot be
> set for all WAComponent/WAPresenter subclasses. Does anyone have an
> idea if this is how its supposed to be?

That is how it's supposed to be, although I'm not sure if it's the best
idea or not.  Currently, only a minimal RenderingContext is actually
passed between components, and each creates its own instance of
WAHtmlRenderer.  The idea here is that each component can define its
own rendering mechanism - HtmlRenderer, the new Canvas stuff, some
template system, and so on.  However, maybe this is unnecessary
flexibility?