[Seaside] monticello patch question

James Megquier jmegq at post.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 18 02:51:40 CEST 2004

>> p.s.: Once I've checked in these changes to my local Monticello
>> repository, (as, say, Seaside-2.5b5-jm.1), is there an easy way to
>> fileout a patch from a previous version?
>
> What do you mean by "patch"?

Ah, I should have been more clear.  I meant, "some kind of diff that's
easy to post to an email discussion."  In unix-land, I'd check in the
new changes (or not) and run a diff using CVS or Subversion, resulting
in a text-friendly patch.  Is there a similar beast for Monticello, or
is there some other central concept around the idea of differential
patches?  Or is that what a changeset is for?

(btw, the .mcd for the two-line change I posted is like 27k, which
seems excessive [or is that because of the binary stuff related to
UnstableSqueak?])

> Oh, if all you want to do is see the changes between two versions, you
> can use the History view for that.  Open up the history window for a
> version, bring up the context-menu for an older version in the list,
> and choose the "view changes" option.

Thanks, that works!

Cheers,
-James