[Seaside] Home link

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Tue Oct 19 15:27:50 CEST 2004

Yar Hwee Boon wrote:

> Have read through the various threads such as "How to do the
> ubiquitous  home button?", do we still do it by implementing
> WAComponent#clearDelegate? Also, are there any consequences to
> sending  #call: to a component multiple times? ie. I have a navigation
> bar with  several links where each of them does a #call: to show the
> respective  component. I'm trying to use the home link to, well, go
> back to home.  Comments?

I'm in the same boat.  Until recently I haven't worried about it but now
I can see the long delegation chains building up over time and session
sizes are growing quickly as users navigate around.  So, I don't have an
answer but I anxiously await the feedback of others on this topic as well.

BTW, I don't see clearDelegate or even anything similar in 2.5b5.

David

--
C. David Shaffer
http://www.cs.westminster.edu/~shaffer