[Seaside] How to insert a 'Searching...' message?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Oct 22 00:19:10 CEST 2004

On Oct 21, 2004, at 11:57 PM, Yoel Jacobsen wrote:

> It does not work, and if it did I wouldn't understand how. I need to
> refer to the 'onclick' method of  the submit button. How can I set the
> JavaScript script for a specific  method of a specific widget?
>
> Which widget's 'onclick' action is referred by "html attributes at:
> 'onclick'"?

The next one that is rendered.  This is a slightly strange aspect of
the HtmlRenderer API - to avoid a combinatorial explosion of method
versions, each allowing you to set or not set certain attributes, but
to still allow the HTML to be generated in proper order for streaming
out a socket, you set up all the attributes *before* you generate a
tag.  So if you see

html attributes at: 'colspan' put: 3.
html tableData: [...]

That's going to generate

In my code earlier, I was changing the onclick method of the submit
button.

Avi