[Seaside] NAME attribute over-ride for dynamic HTML

Robert Hawley rhawley at plymouth.ac.uk
Sat Oct 23 05:38:53 CEST 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 10:17 PM, Robert Hawley wrote:

> Hi Romain
>
> Thank you; I didn't think of that. The Javascript seems to pick up on
> 'id' in the same way as 'name' (maybe one day I'll find out why) so I
> didn't have to use .getElementById explicitely in this case.  I still
> think that seaside could take account of the programmer naming -
> perhaps something I'll try to look at later.

No, I think Seaside will always use the name attribute for its own
purposes.  Since you can always specify the id, there's no reason to
need to change the name, and it's really, really useful for the
framework to be able to control it.

Avi

Ok - I came to this not being aware of the problem or of the alternative - I know even less of the implementation issues!   However, if seaside is to use 'name' in a particularly special way, could there be (or should there be) a warning given when the programmer also uses it?

Yours

Bob