[Seaside] back to "non streaming" rendering

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Sat Oct 23 19:55:47 CEST 2004

This two-pass rendering introduced in 2.5 is complicating things for me.
Two examples

1) if I want to use meta refresh - I can update html head only in
updateRoot: but I don't have renderer there so I can't create redirect url
for a callback

2) I display documents for printing that often have "number of pages"
field somewhere on the first page. I don't know the total number of pages
until I'm done rendering, however I can't get back to the "number of
pages"  element and insert the correct number before it gets streamed over
the wire

So what are my option to be non-streamed again? I understand that this
changes are aimed at improving user experience (once the streaming works)
but I'd prefer to improve my programming experience instead. I really want
to be able to change script/style/html at render time

rado