[Seaside] DNU in calculation of footer in WATableReport displays 'Request handling aborted; reload to retry'

Yar Hwee Boon hboon at motionobj.com
Sat Oct 23 20:17:56 CEST 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:09:02 +0200, Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:

> On Oct 23, 2004, at 6:59 PM, Yar Hwee Boon wrote:
>
>> I'm getting a DNU (problem in my code) in WATableReport's footer
>> calculation, specifically in #detectSum:. A DNU page is not returned,
>> instead 'Request handling aborted; reload to retry' is displayed. Is
>> this intentional? I can provide a reproduceable example if necessary.
>
> Yes, please do.

I spoke too soon, should have said "I can _try_ to provide". Took a while
to reproduce it in fact. The changeset is attached. You'll need to create
a GOODS database at port 6103 and run the following to populate data.

============
db := KKDatabase onHost: 'localhost' port: 6103.

ac := HBAccount new.
ac addTransaction: (HBTransaction new amount: (HBMoney amount: 1)).
ac addTransaction: (HBTransaction new amount: (HBMoney amount: 2)).
db root at: #xx put: ac.

db commit
============

If you were wondering why the database is needed.., its because the DNU
page shows alright without it. Also, if you show HBForceDNUInWATableSum as
the root component, the DNU page also displays correctly. In addition, if
you only store a list of HBMoney instances instead of transactions and
modify the table display code accordingly (use #yourself instead of
#amount), the DNU page shows also, funny.. Do let me know if I can help
with anything or if I left out anything, thanks alot.

--
Regards
HweeBoon