[Seaside] Seaside tutorial in Bern, November 17

Ian Prince ian at inextenso.com
Fri Oct 29 12:37:52 CEST 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 11:31 am +0200, Kamil Kukura wrote:

>Ian Prince napsal(a):
>> I'd be most interested in seeing how to use Seaside for building
>> "classic" data-driven web apps. Boring I know, but that is what most of
>> our clients are asking for.
>
>But maybe boring just in the start. If you are able to react on client's
>request/whish very promptly, the plasticity of ongoing project (which
>smalltalk is great at) brings out things that may be far away from boring.
>

>Also, you build your own workshop. For example on user's input I
>condense and trim spaces. But it calls also for giving hints like "Did
>you mean ...?". And goodies like this are common for web applications so
>they go to by means of reusability to future work/improvement.
>
>--
>Kamil

I see what you mean. I have the feeling that Seaside has the potential to
really change the way web software projects are driven, with working
systems built very quickly from reusable components, yet easily and
safely "evolved" as you suggest. Which is more fun than "patching"
fragile systems year after year ;-)

Avi, could you in the tutorial describe some good practices using
Monticello with Seaside projects?

Ian.