[Seaside] Image shrinking

Chris Reuter seaside at blit.ca
Sat Oct 30 07:21:23 CEST 2004

In the course of my current project, I did some work getting the image
size down to something reasonable.  I managed to get it down to 2.6 Mb
while still containing Seaside, Commanche, YAXO and SIXX plus the
MVC-based IDE.

The Big Ball o' Scripts (plus some documentation) is here:

It needs to be filed in to a pristine Squeak 3.4-5170 image to work.

The changesets for Seaside et. al. are in the zipball.

I can't vouch for its reliability except to say that I've used it (the
resulting image, that is) to do development on my old laptop and
haven't had any problems.

Chris Reuter                                                 http://www.blit.ca
"I pay way too much for cable, so I have to watch what's on the premium
 channels, even if it's not very good, or else I'm just throwing money away."
               --Gregory King in alt.religion.kibology