[Seaside] Re: Problems with expire in Seaside

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Sep 1 23:35:03 CEST 2004

On Aug 27, 2004, at 4:28 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

>> I'm calling my Seaside application with a query parameter specifying
>> which company database it should access
>> (http://localhost:9090/seaside/app?site=1111111111).
>> The problem is that when a page expires, Seaside redirects to
>> 'http://localhost:9090/seaside/app' which makes it impossible to
>> login again.
>> Is there any way to alter the WAApplication's baseUrl from the code
>> to include the parameter? Or any way to override the default
>> expire-behaviour?

So I don't know why this didn't occur to me earlier, but the simplest
way to solve this problem is just to make sure that "site=1111111"
stays in the URL throughout the session.  WARegistry is already set up
to preserve any such parameters when it redirects you to a new session.
  So, on some component or decoration that's visible throughout your
application (and create one if there isn't one already), just implement
this method:

updateUrl: aUrl
	aUrl addParameter: 'site' value: '111111111'

Given that solution, what do people think about the earlier proposed
forwarder/finalization mechanism?  Still useful, or just bloat?

Avi