[Seaside] Re: Problems with expire in Seaside

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Sep 2 13:44:20 CEST 2004

On Sep 2, 2004, at 12:51 AM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> Fair enough, but this is something that's likely to be done at most
> once per application...
> Anyway, there's no reason the expiry page can't be easily pluggable
> (as the error page already is).  I'll take this as a request for that.
>  But I'm still interested in whether anyone has any good uses for the
> #forwarder stuff that can't be just as easily handled in the URL?

To answer my own question - it occurs to me that this is related to
Kamil's earlier post titled "passing through to a new session":

> Now there's one inconvenience: if user goes away from the computer
> after logout and then he returns back after 1-2 hours when session is
> too old, he/she will put there [on login form] name and password and
> "session expired" page will appear. Is it possible to solve this in
> some elegant way?

Here, the state you want to preserve is the authentication info, which
doesn't seem appropriate to stick in the URL, but would be fine to
preserve in a Forwarder.  I think Andreas and Kamil's requests, taken
together, are probably sufficient argument for the more complex
mechanism...

Avi