[Seaside] Re: Problems with expire in Seaside

Kamil Kukura kamk at volny.cz
Mon Sep 6 11:18:26 CEST 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:
> Here, the state you want to preserve is the authentication info, which
> doesn't seem appropriate to stick in the URL, but would be fine to
> preserve in a Forwarder.  I think Andreas and Kamil's requests, taken
> together, are probably sufficient argument for the more complex
> mechanism...

I have not been reading this list for a while and finally I'm back now.
I'm trying to understand how forwarder will work. Now I imagine it is
something like following, I don't know if am I wrong:

- there's screen with user/password form already staying still for 2
hours, so session opened for this form is already in expired state

- user enters name and password, submits the form and because request
comes from expired session, name and password entered will get saved in
forwarder object

- session expired page shows up and application is redirected to main
component while opening new session

- main WAComponent finds out there are some data in forwarder so it
won't call login page but will invoke login process directly using data
from forwarder

Is it like this?

--
Kamil