[Seaside] isolate: not working properly

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Sep 9 13:55:11 CEST 2004

On Sep 9, 2004, at 1:34 PM, radoslav hodnicak wrote:

> If I use task, I can't use my own render loop. And the extra redirect
> in
> my render loop isn't an attempt to fix this problem (in fact it's the
> thing that causes it in the first place) - I have the extra redirect to
> force full URL (with session key) before authentication kicks in, this
> allows the same instance of session handle failed/repeated auth
> attempts
> (if you just have the root URL, new session is created for every auth
> request until it's successful).

Yes, I do understand that.  But using a task is an alternate solution
to the same problem you're using your own render loop for.  A task will
redirect automatically before it starts its #go method - and even if it
didn't, you could just have

go
	self session redirect.
	self authenticateWith: ... during: [...]

As long as you're in the world of components, you shouldn't need to
subclass Main, and you definitely shouldn't need to subclass
RenderLoop.

Avi