[Seaside] How do I read a csv file from SeaSide

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Sep 11 16:05:27 CEST 2004

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 06:51:10AM -0700, LK wrote:
> I have a .csv file  I want to parse is as a series of records, so that
> it can viewed in seaside or saved to GOODS.  I can open the file, but, I
> don't see any classes or methods for parsing a line into a collection of
> fields. I'm sure there is a simple way of doing this. Would you mind
> giving me a hint?

I posted a small "ENH" to do this recently. You can find in with BFAV.
It's currently listed under the "reviewed" tab, and the title is:
  "[ENH] reading CSV records (was: Accessing Excel sheets)"

It's a small change set, so I've attached a copy to this message.
Please add a response to the original posting in BFAV if you find it
useful ... or not.

HTH,

Dave