[Seaside] Re: Seaside licence for ESUG 2004 Report

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Tue Sep 14 16:45:04 CEST 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2004, at 3:14 PM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> we have made with Nicolas Roard, a french ESUG 2004 Report for Linux
>> Magazine France, but i didn't remember the licence of Seaside.
>

> Seaside is free for non-commercial use, and for any use (commercial or
> non-commercial) on Squeak.  If you want to use Seaside commercially on
> VisualWorks, or port it to another Smalltalk, please contact me.

Ok, thanks you Avi.
I didn't understand that Seaside was only free (free as free beer) and
not open-source as defined by OSI (http://www.opensource.org/).

--                                                         oooo
Serge Stinckwich                                         OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##