[Seaside] WALabelledFormDialog

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Sep 14 19:57:28 CEST 2004

On Sep 14, 2004, at 2:04 PM, Pablo Iaria wrote:

> But no OK button is displayed. Am I missing something?

The OK button is not actually part of the WALabelledFormDialog, but is
provided by a WAFormDecoration.  You can see this if you toggle halos
on the store example, for example when looking at the AddressEditor.

However, the WALabelledFormDialog should add the FormDecoration for you
(as long as you haven't overridden #addFormByDefault to return false).
It does this in its #initialize method.  My guess is that you implement
#initialize and don't send "super initialize".  It's a good practice to
do that, although I must confess I often/usually forget to do it myself
as well.

The reason for all of this is that you sometimes want to compose
multiple dialogs into a single form.  This way, you can simply send
#removeForm to the inner dialogs and their FormDecorations will go
away, avoiding nested form tags and multiple OK buttons.

Avi