[Seaside] VW 2.5b3.6.0 configuring new application problem

Bany, Michel mbany at cincom.com
Fri Sep 17 16:57:05 CEST 2004

Roger,
Well, I could reproduce your symptom.
My guess is that you have saved your image with Seaside initialized.
(I've never done that)
This is not a regression from 7.2, this is a bug of the VW port
where the Seaside servlet should be forced-reset when starting an image.
More on this below.

The normal way to manually reset the Seaside servlet is to use the
WebToolkit configure tool (http://localhost:8008/configure)
then click "Manage Server" then click "Reset Configuration".
WebToolkit triggers an event that is monitored by the Seaside
servlet.

Regarding the bug, you may want to try the fix below.
Everything goes to class SeasideServlet (instance side)

dispatcher: anObject
	anObject isNil
		ifFalse:
			["This servlet will need some clean-up when VW / Web
Toolkit is started/restarted"
			ObjectMemory addDependent: self.
			VisualWave.WebConfigurationManager
				when: #finishedServerConfiguration
				send: #reset
				to: self]
		ifTrue:
			["Clean-up no longer needed"
			ObjectMemory removeDependent: self.
			VisualWave.WebConfigurationManager
				removeActionsWithReceiver: self
				forEvent: #finishedServerConfiguration].
	dispatcher := anObject.

update: aSymbol
	aSymbol == #returnFromSnapshot ifTrue: [self reset].

Enjoy,
Michel.