[Seaside] isolate: not working properly

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Sun Sep 26 19:16:43 CEST 2004

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Avi Bryant wrote:

> The real question is how much code is going to break - currently, any
> code like the above breaks.  If I used #initialize instead of
> #initializeDecoration, a whole different set of classes would break.  I
> haven't yet come up with something where nothing will break... except
> possibly to put it in #initialize *and* lazily init it?  That way you'd
> still have the edge case bug if you didn't send "super initialize", but
> stuff would still mostly work.  Is that better or worse? :)

Hehe... how about you put it into #initializeDecoration and #initialize
and lazily init it? :-)

Seriously though, is there a way to detect the edge case so that you can
pop up a dialog or something (not raising an error)? Because I rememeber
this problem and solution now but might not 6 months from now...
(my code is immune to either way you decide to change it - I call super
and don't have special instance creation methods)

rado