[Seaside] Using the old plain Request...

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Mon Sep 27 18:31:16 CEST 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Giovanni Giorgi wrote:

> Hi All....
>     I am using a quite old seaside (2.3.2) and I'd like to know if there
> is a simple way to build very very simple url to look for.
> For instance I'd like to open a special page when the browser ask for:
>
>     http://localhost:6969/seaside/funnyMe?readme=what
>
> I'd like to read the value of the parameter readme ('what')...how can I
> do that?
> Thank you in advice :)

In your session class override #createRootFromRequest: and extract the url
parameters there

aRequest fields at: 'readme' ifPresent: [:o| ...].

and save it in the session. Then in your root component you can look if
there's url info in session and display special page etc..

rado
--
silence of the lambdas - a document about the sad state of software
industry today