[Seaside] Interested in hearing about largest seaside deployments so far

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:18:54 CEST 2005

On Apr 3, 2005 6:26 AM, Todd Blanchard <tblanchard at mac.com> wrote:

> In fact, its such a hit, that a coworker who is thinking of launching a
> new website on the side asked me about using seaside for his new site.
> Especially after I walked him through the code because it is so tiny
> and simple.  His only concern is scalability - he's not planning on
> colossal (which is what our employer has) - just hundreds to few
> thousand users.  Has anybody got a pointer to a seaside app that is
> handling that kind of traffic?

One of the major projects I'm working on right now is the my.CV
application for the University of British Columbia; in theory this is
used by every faculty member in the university, which would be
thousands, but to date we have 778 registered users (I just checked
:).  Usage is very seasonal: when grant applications or annual
performance reviews come due, everybody needs to use it at once; at
other times, almost nobody is using it at all.  We have it running on
something like a 3Ghz Xeon box which is almost certainly overkill, but
at any rate we've never seen a hint of performance problems.

Avi