[Seaside] Re: OBject databases

Frank Mueller frank at mweb.de
Wed Apr 6 15:09:31 CEST 2005

Hi Wouter,

that's really funny. It seems that I'm a bit too late. I'm currently devloping something
similar called SOS. You'll find some more information under
http://wiki.tideland.biz/wiki/SosConcept. Through the usage of strategies and a command
pattern it will be able to use almost any database.

Right now I'm porting my Squeak prototype to VW, then I'll finish the first strategy
implementation for PostgreSQL. Commit and rollback will also be functional as multiple
sessions. Only for the thread safeness I've got to learn more about how they are handled
in Smalltalk / VW. Doing that in Java was relative simple.

mue

--
**
** Frank Mueller / Oldenburg / Germany