[Seaside] tree control?

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 16:09:22 CEST 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 7:29 AM, Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 18:06:53 +0200, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't know of one, but these days usually you just have to produce
> > nested lists and find some Javascript package that takes care of the
> > rest...
> >
> Even when the tree is built-up lazily?
>
> What we do in the wx GUI is to tell the wx tree that some node has
> children or not based on the list of pointers to children that the node's
> item carries around. Only when the tree item is opened, we start actually
> resolving the pointers (one level deep, there the process repeats).

Wouldn't this approach end up going back to the server for every
expansion then?  That seems like unneeded round trips.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20