[Seaside] REST and Seaside

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Apr 8 22:56:31 CEST 2005

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:58:37 -0700, Nevin Pratt <nevin at bountifulbaby.com>
wrote:
> Well, the site has increased in popularity to the point where the
> traffic appears to be a serious problem for Seaside.

I've been thinking for some time that it should be possible, somehow, to
merge HttpView and Seaside into a 'seamless' web application. HttpView
could do REST-style 'static' stuff, Seaside would pick up where more
interaction is needed. Both support essentially the same style of HTML
generation, so that shouldn't be a large chasm to cross.

For example, a Wiki would use HV to display pages, as soon as you press
the Edit button you go into a Seaside session (of course, the trick is
that the next time you press the Edit button, you may want to go into the
*same* Seaside session - stuff like that needs to be checked when
integrating them). This is a very simple example, but I think it's one of
the things necessary to optimize things. Kicking off the whole Seaside
machinery for essentially static pages is just a bit too much, I think.

Just a ramble, shoot at it as you like :)