[Seaside] REST and Seaside

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Sat Apr 9 16:13:58 CEST 2005

Dmitry Dorofeev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is very important concern. Would you provide more information about
> traffic ? Clicks per hour ? Mb per hour ? per day/month ?
> My idea is always the same: use cache! I.e.
>
> Internet <---> Apache <----> [magic cache module] <---> Squeak/Seaside

Here's my architecture:

Machine #1: (serves bountifulbaby.com)
    Internet <---> Squeak/Seaside/Comanche

Machine #2: (serves bountifulbaby.net)
   Internet <--->Apache <---> static serving of pictures and static
"info" pages.
(machine #1 does not serve any pictures-- they are all served from
machine #2)

Comanche does not give detailed "hit" statistics like Apache can.  I
have some code in there that gives me some hit statistics, but I
disabled that code about 5 months ago, wanting to see if it improved
anything by not giving Comanche as much to do.  It didn't really make
any difference, but never-the-less I never re-enabled the hit code.  I
figured that since every page has to also download pictures from machine
#2, I would just use hit statistics from machine #2 to "monitor" things.

Anyway, I just (temporarily) put the usage stats of machine #2 at:
   http://www.bountifulbaby.net/stats

Nevin