[Seaside] REST and Seaside

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Apr 9 20:55:16 CEST 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 08:06:10PM +0200, Avi Bryant wrote:
> On Apr 9, 2005 7:55 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> > Here is the same thing packaged up in a change set. I'll include it
> > with OSProcess next time I release something.
> >
> > To save an image in background, evaluate "UnixProcess saveImageInBackground".
>
> Nice.  Here's a refinement I'd love to have: a handler that, every
> time it catches an error, will save an image in the background with a
> debugger popped up, but allow the main image to do something else with
> it.

This should be easy enough. I'm afraid that my Seaside image is out of
date at the momemt, so I'm not going to volunteer to do the refinement,
but here is the basic idea of how to do different things in the main
Squeak image versus the background one:

UnixProcess saveImageInBackground == OSProcess thisOSProcess
  ifTrue: ['This is the process that did the image save, but you will only get here after you restart the saved image']
  ifFalse: ['This is the original Squeak process']

Dave

p.s. You had better not do something like that for errors that happen
frequently, or you will go through quite a lot of disk space ;)