[Seaside] REST and Seaside

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Apr 13 10:02:57 CEST 2005

Hi guys!

Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:
> >>   Not really necessary - first, you'll be surprised how much pages per
> >> second you can dynamically generate. Second, if that's too much load,
> >
> > I run some tests about 6 months ago with Seaside Sushi Shop.
> > Seems like it is 1 or 2 page per second rate on a 1Ghz FreeBSD box.
>
> I wasn't talking about the whole Seaside machinery, just about the dynamic
> page generation.
>
> Anyway, I looked into HttpView2, Seaside, Kom to see whether they can be
> hooked up. I think it can be done, but all three components are, err,
> documentationally challenged ;), so it'll take some fiddling and thus some
> time. My idea is to have a Kom session, an HttpView2 entry point, and some
> sort of glue class that generates callbacks to Seaside, using the current
> Kom session to locate the Seaside session; the latter class could be used
> inside the HV page generation to add jumps into the Seaside part of the
> app from HV pages. The other way around is probably simple.
>
> [Cc'd Goran, not sure whether he hangs around on the "competition"'s list
> (just kidding), he might be interested]

I am on the seaside list, skimming it for Kom or HV related stuff :).
But I don't view Seaside as "competition" (I know you were just kidding)
because the frameworks have very different "philosophies" and thus
different strengths. HttpView is meant to be shallow and easily
hackable.

Anyway, I think this sounds interesting and I will help in any way I
can. First of all I have some fixes to HV lined up that I should
release, no big deals though. Secondly, if you are wondering about
anything, just email or ask on IRC.

Also, I should revisit the HTML generation and perhaps re-merge with
Seaside - are you interested in having a common layer there Avi? I think
I have asked you before, but I know you are as busy as I am. :)

regards, Göran