[Seaside] Toggle Halos issue

Benjamin Pollack benjamin.pollack at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 09:07:29 CEST 2005

On 4/18/05, Pavel Krivanek <squeak3 at continentalbrno.cz> wrote:
> > > I've just installed Seaside (2.5b8) and 'Toggle Halos' leaves me with
> > > a blank page, apart from the toolbar.  Clicking it again displays the
> > > page as normal.  The problem does not appear to be present in 2.5b7.
>
> > I can't reproduce this, unfortunately.  Can anyone else?
>
> Yes, I can. I think it's related to String refactoring. Try to load Seaside
> into newest Squeak 3.8 version (6662) or download
> ftp://comtalk.net/pub/Squeak-cs.zip
>
> -- Pavel

I can duplicate this even on Squeak 3.7 (5989). Get a blank image,
then file in Monticello, DynamicBindings, KomServices, KomHttpServer,
and Seaside. Fire it up, go to /seaside/counter, toggle halos, boom.
It can't be the string refactoring.

If you still can't duplicate this, Avi, I can make available to you an
image and a VNC connection, if you think it'd be worth taking a look.

--Benjamin