[Seaside] Toggle Halos issue

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Wed Apr 20 14:33:49 CEST 2005

Avi Bryant wrote:

>Not to mention stupidest bug that it took me a week to reproduce...
>Well, that's the last time I do a release from an image with
>SeasideTesting (and its overrides) loaded.   Not sure exactly what
>happened, but evident'ly Monticello's override support still needs
>some help...

Yes, it is difficult to manage overrides in MC.  As you were just
reminded, publishing packages with overrides against them doesn't really
work since the original source isn't preserved anywhere.  Also, I'd like
to be able to confirm that when I load ST into the most recent Seaside
that Seaside's version of the overridden method hasn't changed from the
version I originally overrode.  Maybe Colin is working on some of these
things?

>I'm thinking it's time for some kind of halo registration system so
>that SeasideTesting can play nicer with the main codebase.

That would be great.  Still there are a small number of other overrides
for various reasons.  I'm always looking for ways to get rid of these
but I think MC needs to be able to handle this.

David