[Seaside] Fill background with image?

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Sat Dec 3 22:55:07 CET 2005

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 03.12.2005 um 22:30 schrieb Marcus Pedersén:
>
>> Hi!
>> Is there a way to fill up all "background" with an image, over and
>> over again til all backgroud is filled?
>

> Sure. Get the World's halo, in the red handle's menu choose fill
> style - bitmap fill. In the same menu you can then choose which
> graphic to use for filling.
>
> Btw, fill styles are available for almost every object on screen.
>
> - Bert -

Hmm, he posted the original question to the Seaside list-- perhaps he
wants to set the background of his web pages?

If that is what you wish, then (with Seaside 2.3) add this instance
method to whatever component to render (subclasses of WAComponent).

   style
       ^ 'body { background-image: url(/path/to/images/background.jpg) } '

I haven't a clue if this still works with newer versions of Seaside though.

Nevin