[Seaside] Fill background with image?

Marcus Pedersén marcus.pedersen at comhem.se
Sun Dec 4 22:02:40 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nevin Pratt" <nevin at bountifulbaby.com>
To: "The Squeak Enterprise Aubergines Server - general discussion."
<seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Seaside] Fill background with image?

> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>

>> Am 03.12.2005 um 22:30 schrieb Marcus Pedersén:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>> Is there a way to fill up all "background" with an image, over and  over
>>> again til all backgroud is filled?
>>

>> Sure. Get the World's halo, in the red handle's menu choose fill  style -
>> bitmap fill. In the same menu you can then choose which  graphic to use
>> for filling.
>>
>> Btw, fill styles are available for almost every object on screen.
>>
>> - Bert -
>>

> Hmm, he posted the original question to the Seaside list-- perhaps he
> wants to set the background of his web pages?
>
> If that is what you wish, then (with Seaside 2.3) add this instance method
> to whatever component to render (subclasses of WAComponent).
>
>   style
>       ^ 'body { background-image: url(/path/to/images/background.jpg) } '
>
> I haven't a clue if this still works with newer versions of Seaside
> though.
>
> Nevin

Hi!
Thanks that was what I was after! Yes, the background of my webpage.
I tried:
style
       ^ 'body { background-image: url(C:\....\...\background.jpg) } '
and:
style
       ^ 'body { background-image: url(C:\....\...\background.gif) } '
and:
style
       ^ 'body { background-image: anImageForm } '

but neither of them worked.
What am I doing wrong or isn't it working?
Many thanks in advance!
Marcus