[Seaside] ShoreComponents for Seaside 2.6

Pavel Krivanek squeak3 at continentalbrno.cz
Sun Dec 11 23:34:06 CET 2005

Hi all

I'm upgrading ShoreComponents for Seaside 2.6a. SqueakSource seems to be
down so you can find the first version here:
ftp://comtalk.net/pub/shore/ShoreComponents-2.6-pk.1.mcz. It's not
completed but the most important components like rich edit and date
picker are already upgraded.

The version for Seaside 2.6 will *not* be backward compatible. It uses
new Canvas API and Sctiptaculous.

It introduces new way how to solve problem of nested forms.
ShoreComponts may use two brushes for forms - ShoreFormTag and
ShoreNestedFormTag. While a component is creating simple form, it stores
this brush to its attributes. This attribute is cleared before every
next rendering of the component. All nested forms are then simulated by
divs. ShoreNestedFormTag points to parent form brush and delegates
changes of attributes to it.

Seaside renders opening form tag immediately and all next changes to
form attributes cannot be written. Therefore ShoreFormTag creates new
temporary stream for form content that replaces current stream of the
document. Opening form tag so can be rendered after processing of all
children that may modify form attributes.

As result of it we may now use standard canvas API syntax for all forms.

-- Pavel